Thursday, August 27, 2009

Alberto Giacometti




"... the space vibrates around them. Nothing else is still. Maybe because every angle (made by Giacometti's thumb while he was working on clay), curve, salience, crest or scratched tip of the metal are not themselves still. Each one of them keeps emitting the sensibility that have created them. No tip or edge that cuts and rips the space is dead." Jean Genet

"... When I was a small boy, I thought I could do anything. And this feeling lasted until I was seventeen, eighteen years old. Then, all of the sudden, I realised I couldn't do anything about it and I wondered why. I wanted to work to find it out. And that's what keeps me working since then, this desire of finding out why can't I simply reproduce what I see. ..." A. Giacometti (1901-1966)

No comments: